Welcome To My blog--my name is Barb and I am a weaver in a small town in Wisconsin called Dell. Actually it is more of a place than a town but I love living in the middle of nowhere. I am a weaver and my studio name is"COULD HAVE BEEN A PIANO" I always said I was going to learn how to play the piano, but as luck would have it I met a wonderful group of women weavers and was hooked. I have been weaving for three years or so but have been addicted to fiber since I started knitting when I was about 10. I still love to knit and do some spinning and dying as well. I love natural fiber and texture. I like to use thrift store finds and use my imagination.







Thursday, May 6, 2010

I Amost Whacked It

I started making a linen and sari silk scarf that was really cool, that is until I started weaving it. The sari silk tore, freyed, got stuck and drove me nuts!! If it wasn't so expensive I would have whacked it. Instead I cut it out of the warp and kept on. When I finished it wasn't long enough for a scarf so I made a Mobius strip cowl instead. What do you think?

2 comments:

  1. hmm. Too bad it didn't work in the warp--but this is still a great save.
    The colors are perfect.
    And what a change from the usual you, to hold back on the scissors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice to see such restraint in the whacking department!

    ReplyDelete