Welcome To My blog--my name is Barb and I am a weaver in a small town in Wisconsin called Dell. Actually it is more of a place than a town but I love living in the middle of nowhere. I am a weaver and my studio name is"COULD HAVE BEEN A PIANO" I always said I was going to learn how to play the piano, but as luck would have it I met a wonderful group of women weavers and was hooked. I have been weaving for three years or so but have been addicted to fiber since I started knitting when I was about 10. I still love to knit and do some spinning and dying as well. I love natural fiber and texture. I like to use thrift store finds and use my imagination.







Saturday, October 30, 2010

Europe

We were lucky enough to spend most of October in Europe.  Went to five countries and had a blast.  I'll try not to bore you with too many pictures but I picked out a few that really made me laugh. This is a street "artist" in Madrid.  We saw them all over, she was funny cause she made this chattering noise and shook.  They work for whatever you put in their container--she makes me laugh.
 This is from Bern Switzerland--a very great city--they have statues all over the old city and this is the strangist one ever.  He is actually eating the little children!!!! No one seems to know why, none of the other statues are grim--go figure

We stayed at a Bed and Breakfast in Venice--it was a very cool spot--the artwork in the resturant was unusual?

We found the local market in every city--this one was in Italy, the man who ran it gave us great samples, Harry asked if he could take this picture--the man did not speak much English but Harry told him it reminded him of someone "special"--the guy cracked up.

Aren't these shoes great!!!!  They were in a store in Florence--No price on them but I think if you had to ask you couldn't afford them!!!!!



And finally for all the Morel fans--these were in Spain--36 Euros is about $50 and that would be for 100 grams which is 1/10 of a kilogram--maybe  we should ship them over!!

We had a wonderful time, if I ever go again I would try to learn more on the languages--people were great.  A word to the wise, never order a club sandwich in Madrid--it is a hamburger with tomato and lettuce.  Along with it you get a fried egg and a huge slice of ham--no kidding--we didn't know what to do with the egg and ham so we put it on the burger.

2 comments:

  1. It sure looks/sounds like a great time. Your pictures truly are fun and made me laugh as well...except that is for the fellow eating the children??????

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back! Thanks for sharing the photos, I want to hear more. Much agree with the language comment.

    ReplyDelete