Welcome To My blog--my name is Barb and I am a weaver in a small town in Wisconsin called Dell. Actually it is more of a place than a town but I love living in the middle of nowhere. I am a weaver and my studio name is"COULD HAVE BEEN A PIANO" I always said I was going to learn how to play the piano, but as luck would have it I met a wonderful group of women weavers and was hooked. I have been weaving for three years or so but have been addicted to fiber since I started knitting when I was about 10. I still love to knit and do some spinning and dying as well. I love natural fiber and texture. I like to use thrift store finds and use my imagination.







Friday, December 31, 2010

A Warm Project for the New Year

Well my second set of placemats are officially dead for the time being.  I figured if I threaded it twice and didn't like what I had there was a message there somewhere.  So I started weaving a throw or small blanket with some alpaca that I recently acquired.  It is a twill pattern threaded 1,2,3,4,1,2,3,3,4,4 and I like the texture


I have a nephew who is being married later in January so maybe it will be a wedding present--who knows?
Happy New Year everyone

No comments:

Post a Comment