Welcome To My blog--my name is Barb and I am a weaver in a small town in Wisconsin called Dell. Actually it is more of a place than a town but I love living in the middle of nowhere. I am a weaver and my studio name is"COULD HAVE BEEN A PIANO" I always said I was going to learn how to play the piano, but as luck would have it I met a wonderful group of women weavers and was hooked. I have been weaving for three years or so but have been addicted to fiber since I started knitting when I was about 10. I still love to knit and do some spinning and dying as well. I love natural fiber and texture. I like to use thrift store finds and use my imagination.







Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Some for our house....



I delivered the curtains to my son's home in Colorado.....they looked smashing and they both liked them a lot. So I decided to make two more pairs for our house.  They are a little different.  Instead of using 10/2 cotton I used Hemp. Really.  I got an enormous cone for a very reasonable price.  It is fun to weave with, much like linen I think.  The stripe is some linen I have been hording for a long time.  I think it looks great.  There was very little shrinkage, none in the width and maybe an inch or two in the length.  I want to get the second set done before we leave for New England in a couple of weeks.  The rods are made by my son who is a blacksmith artist living in Colorado.

3 comments:

  1. They are so stunning, Barb!! What an accomplishment, and addition to your artistic place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks----if you ever want to try hemp---I have a giant stash

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, pretty! And amazing that hemp doesn't shrink much.

    ReplyDelete