Welcome To My blog--my name is Barb and I am a weaver in a small town in Wisconsin called Dell. Actually it is more of a place than a town but I love living in the middle of nowhere. I am a weaver and my studio name is"COULD HAVE BEEN A PIANO" I always said I was going to learn how to play the piano, but as luck would have it I met a wonderful group of women weavers and was hooked. I have been weaving for three years or so but have been addicted to fiber since I started knitting when I was about 10. I still love to knit and do some spinning and dying as well. I love natural fiber and texture. I like to use thrift store finds and use my imagination.







Monday, December 17, 2012

Back to Weaving--Its Been A Long Time!!!!

 When I was a child my parents took a trip to Canada and came home with Trapper Point, Hudson Bay Blankets.  I have two of them and have not used them for years.  I thought They would make great rugs.  I have never been happy with the rugs I have made. They never seem to have enough "heft" to them.  This time I think it might be different.

I sett the warp at 4 per inch and cut the blanket 1/2 inch wide.  I actually like the way the stripes of color work out--they seem random but really are not.  I think I may give the rug to my kids in Colorado who are in the process of installing hard wood flooring in their living room.  I may have enough for two.  Who knows.

2 comments:

  1. Looking really good. I thought you wanted to borrow my rag cutter??? Do you still want it?

    Love how the stripes look.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to see you back at your loom. I think this one looks like it's going to be a keeper. I'm also glad you didn't decide never to weave a rug again.

    ReplyDelete