Welcome To My blog--my name is Barb and I am a weaver in a small town in Wisconsin called Dell. Actually it is more of a place than a town but I love living in the middle of nowhere. I am a weaver and my studio name is"COULD HAVE BEEN A PIANO" I always said I was going to learn how to play the piano, but as luck would have it I met a wonderful group of women weavers and was hooked. I have been weaving for three years or so but have been addicted to fiber since I started knitting when I was about 10. I still love to knit and do some spinning and dying as well. I love natural fiber and texture. I like to use thrift store finds and use my imagination.







Friday, February 15, 2013

I Don't Usually Get Two!


I don't usually get two things in a row that I like--but these I do. This is the "book" bag I made for the LaFarge Library fundraiser.  It is cotton and linen and should be great to put books in to carry back to the library! I like to make these bags, they are simple to sew and they use up a lot of odds and ends.  All of my bobbins are now empty!

This is a bag I made out of my "rug" wool.  I figured the only way I wasn't going to try another rug was to get rid of the stuff so it would not tempt me.  Its pretty big.  I think it would be a good bag for car trips, for all that "stuff" that flies about.  I may also give it away to some unsuspecting soul. 

5 comments:

  1. Both of these bags are really beautiful. I especially LOVE the blue rug wool bag, it looks so sturdy. I think you are right, a great tote for the car.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Barb, so pretty. I really like the long strip bag--the warp is so interesting. I suppose the Jean Lilley got lost, without a solid color.
    I wish you didn't feel the way you feel about rug weaving, sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Barb,
    I saw your handwoven bag on Angela's FlickR page and she was kind enough to tell me about your blog!
    I absolutely love this purse/bag!!! It's so beautiful, I found myself going back again and again to look at it!
    Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for thie nice comments. I really like this project--mainly because there are no rules and there are always some surprises when you sew it together.

    ReplyDelete