Welcome To My blog--my name is Barb and I am a weaver in a small town in Wisconsin called Dell. Actually it is more of a place than a town but I love living in the middle of nowhere. I am a weaver and my studio name is"COULD HAVE BEEN A PIANO" I always said I was going to learn how to play the piano, but as luck would have it I met a wonderful group of women weavers and was hooked. I have been weaving for three years or so but have been addicted to fiber since I started knitting when I was about 10. I still love to knit and do some spinning and dying as well. I love natural fiber and texture. I like to use thrift store finds and use my imagination.







Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Pearl Fryar Topiary Garden

Pearl lives in Bishopville South Carolina.  When he moved there in the 1980's his aim was to win the "Yard of the Month" award given by the local garden club.  He is completely self taught and does all his own sculptures as well as the topiary.  We were lucky enough to meet him and spend a few minutes with him.  He is truly an inspiration.
One of his intriguing sculptures
My favorite--"hate hurts"..He is now 71 years old and deciding who to leave his garden with.  The Garden Conservancy has taken an active interest.  If you have a few minutes there is a documentary called A man Named Pearl on U-tube.  Pear has a website--www.pearlfryar.com. He is an inspiration.

1 comment:

  1. How beautiful, I am so glad you shared your photos...I, too, feel the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete