Welcome To My blog--my name is Barb and I am a weaver in a small town in Wisconsin called Dell. Actually it is more of a place than a town but I love living in the middle of nowhere. I am a weaver and my studio name is"COULD HAVE BEEN A PIANO" I always said I was going to learn how to play the piano, but as luck would have it I met a wonderful group of women weavers and was hooked. I have been weaving for three years or so but have been addicted to fiber since I started knitting when I was about 10. I still love to knit and do some spinning and dying as well. I love natural fiber and texture. I like to use thrift store finds and use my imagination.







Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Phase II

I went to Madison with Harry and picked up my new loom!!!  I got it from a weaver friend Elin. Harry and I, mostly Harry, put it together.  Angie came over and helped me get it balanced (?) so I began  warping. It was truly a mess.  Very tangled and almost impossible to feed through the rattle.  Harry helped me enormously and I finally was able to start threading.  It is not hard to thread, the pattern is a straight twill and  threads are used two at a time.  So far it is working and my calculations are good!!!!

3 comments:

  1. I'm pretty sure that means "you go girl". Or maybe are you crazy? See you tomorrow and I found the spool of texsolv cord.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, Barb! I can't even look at this until you say it's all tied up now.
    I agree with the Polish comment, "another crazy weaver."

    ReplyDelete